Thursday, July 7, 2011

German adventure #2

Since my last blog we had a 4th of July party for the family. I brought a bunch of American decorations with me and we bbq'd some hamburgers and hotdogs. I made pasta salad and an american flag cake. It was fun but I did miss my fireworks!
 You know what they say, you can take the girl out of America but you can't take the American out of the girl!!


Joerg turned 37 on Tuesday! It was a ton of fun. I learned why Germans are labeled as partiers! Our party started at 5 and the last guest left at 11:15! Here are some pictures! 



 Aparently technology is loved by children all around the world! It is amazing how quickly kids pick up how to use things! The 5 year old in the middle had never seen an I pad before yet was able to turn the movie back on when his dad said it was time to go! :)
Wednesday we went to a neat park that is converted into a kids area in the summer. There was a park and a really cool summer sled ride. You have a brake/accelerator and you choose how fast you go! The kids loved it! It was really fun! We even got Opa to ride!

 Look! Moss! We have always heard this stuff existed but now we know what it looks like and feels like!
 We ended our day with some rock climbing. This is actually a "national park" if you will. It is over a mile long. It is called the Felsenmeer (sea of rocks).
 Now tomorrow we head for ROME! Finally! We will post when we return to Worfelden! Look for a new post on Tuesday! Miss you all!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Joerg!!

    Have fun in Rome. Do as the Romans do, whatever that is, unless it's super weird!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I have to get a copy of the American Lisa picture! Hehe! Love all the pictures! Thank you so very much for updating your blog. It is awesome being able to see all the fun you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like going to Germany to celebrate America's Independance. I'm sure they really get into that over there :)

    ReplyDelete