Monday, July 11, 2011

Rome #2

Yeah it only took 4 hours! Here are the pictures! Enjoy!
 Our first breakfast at the hotel!
 Okay so call me crazy but I thought climbing on ruins was a bad idea but I am glad they cleared that up for me!
 Obviously, this is the kids and I at the colosseum.
 It was hot in Rome but the Ancient Romans knew this and conviently placed cold water fountains all over the place. You can even drink the water. Just not from the "2 day fountain" as our tour guide informed us! He said if you drink from it you will be on the toilet for 2 days!
 The kids got to make a wish in the Trevi fountain. I hope it comes true! Right hand, left shoulder!
 Sadly this is the closest we got to the Pope! Maybe next time! :)
 Sami is so exhausted after a day of walking in Rome's heat!
 Luke in front of the Roma Capital. Well, actually by the light post on the front! :) You can see the massive door to the right. It is the brown wood.
 The "sky light" at the Pantheon. It was AMAZING!
 Luke keeping cool Roma style with Joerg in a side street restaurant.
 Sami and I being cool in the same restaurant!
 Look grandapa! A phone booth! We think of you everywhere.
SWISS GUARDS! You would think that they are everywhere but it took me 3 days to find them! He doesn't look to happy about me sneaking around the corner to take his picture does he?
We had a great time! We hope you enjoyed looking at a few of our almost 400 pictures! Many of them taken by my beautiful chidren! :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Those pictures are amazing! Seriously, get home already to show all of them to us! What an incredible trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous and now I have to go to Rome, but not in July because it's summer there and very hot, but not like Las Vegas, just ask Luke!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, regarding the Swiss Guard... Would you want your picture taken in that outfit?? Just saying ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so jealous! That looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete